Monday, November 24, 2008

Just finished new outfit. I really think this turned out great. I wish my model had a head so you could really see how the whole thing looks together.
The bra top is a lot of hard work. It has to be mostly hand sewn.

Friday, November 21, 2008

I completed this new top today
for the customer. I really like the way
it came out
. The customer suggested the shell.
I think it looks great. This is a simple strapless
bra, covered with fabric. It is partially machine sewn and partially hand sewn. It will look much better that coconuts.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Things aren't going good today

I finished this outfit today. It ended up not being what the customer wanted. You may end up seeing this in my Etsy store soon unless I can get it ironed out.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I received an order yesterday for 2 sets of Tahitian Dance Costumes. The 1st order I have had in a week or so. This is good considering I am going to Hawaii in a fer weeks, so it is good that I am slow right now. I hope to come home with some new supplies and maybe even some new costume styles.
I will post photos as soon as I finish the costumes. They are ti leaf headpieces and belts with a solid pareo and a vintage fabric covered bra top.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A New Bigger Headpiece

I just completed this headpiece this morning. It is a special order for a customer that wanted something a little bigger than I normally make. Also this headpiece is made with mostly coque feathers( the rooster tail) So it is rather expensive. I do love the color combination.